Wednesday, April 1, 2015

My Favorite Recipes from Around the Web!

     Since I haven't been super dedicated to the blog, it's meant that I've neglected working on my own recipes for a few months.  The great thing about that is that I've looked around and found some fantastic recipes on the interwebs, some of which are becoming regulars at my house.  I thought I'd share them with you because, well, yum!

     This Superfood Kale Avocado Salad with Raw Olives from Pickles and Honey has graced my table many times since I first found it about a year ago.  I like it so much that, though I have made it many times, my husband has only gotten to try it once because I make it for lunch, then plow through it by dinner and there's none left!  So guuuud.

Massaged Kale Avocado Salad

     By contrast, this recipe I found only recently.  I was reluctant to try Shakshuka because I usually don't find I like tomatoes with eggs.  Holy cats was I wrong.  I might not like raw tomatoes with eggs, but I love tomato sauce with eggs.  I have made Tori Avey's Shakshuka recipe nearly once a week since I found it last month and everyone in my family loves it!

Tori Avey's Shakshuka


     Recently, I tried (briefly) to eat better, during which time, I found Eating Well's Vegetarian low calorie eating plan.  It's ingenious, delicious, and free.  There were very few recipes we didn't like, but my favorite was Tofu Cutlets Marsala.  My friend Susan eats Chicken Marsala pretty regularly, but I never understood because I'd never eaten anything Marsala before.  Oh, I never understood...  Thank you Eating Well.  Thank you.

Tofu Cutlets Marsala


     This last one is all over Pinterest and rightly so.  It's dang good.  My boys didn't like it.  One doesn't like coconut and the other didn't like the texture.  My husband and I were just fine with eating their portions, calories be hanged.  This Fresh Mango Coconut Chia Seed Parfait from Vegetarian Gastronomy has us hooked!

mango coconut chia seed pudding-8

The internet is a strange and beautiful place, everyone.  Thankfully, it's delicious, too!

2 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to see what's cookin! As usual.. Amazing stuff going on in your kitchen with a view! By the way I eat sautéed tomatoes with my fried eggs all the time. Not the same without it. Miss ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hydroceles, for the most part, are harmless to the testicles. They are normally painless and go away on their own. In any event, if you have scrotal swelling, consult your doctor to rule out other causes of Hydroceles, such as testicular tumours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...