Thursday, July 21, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons...

...make honey mustard chicken!  I got this recipe years ago from my friend Susan who, knowing I was hopeless at cooking meat, kindly suggested this recipe to feed some friends we had coming for dinner.  Now that we have kids, I don't just save it for friends because my family loves it!  I usually leave the curry powder out for the kids, though...  I made a single breast for the kids to share last night, so that's what I photographed for all you lovely people.

Honey Mustard Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp paprika
8 thin lemon slices
1/4 C honey
1/4 C spicy brown mustard
1 tsp dried onion (1/4 C onion)
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp curry powder


Sprinkle chicken with paprika and top with two lemon slices per breast.  Bake chicken in 13X9 inch pan lined with foil for 30 minutes at 375°. 


Microwave remaining ingredients for 2 minutes on High.  Drain breasts and discard juice.  Spoon sauce over chicken.  Continue baking at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until done.


Review:
Super simple, quick and my family really likes it.  I love using the stone-ground mustard on this because when it all cooks down, the whole mustard seeds make it look super special, like it's got sprinkles!   I served this with fried green tomatoes and a mixed green salad.

7 comments:

  1. You made that look way prettier than mine could ever look. We take the lemons off near the end of cooking, pour the sauce on, then cook it longer. We also make extra sauce and serve it over brown rice. My kids love it too.

    Pretty, pretty, pretty my very talented and beautiful friend.

    P.S. Please send crack cookies, I keep seeing them on the little thumbnail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliments on the photography "Anonymous," if that is your real name... *ahem!* The extra sauce is a great idea! I'll put the cookies in the package with the jam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVEEEEEEEE YOU!

    I have no idea how to do this posting a message thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lemons! This looks very lovely =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos Brooke! Chicken looks great with fresh lemons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honey, mustard and curry powder--sounds like it would also be a good match with sauted cauliflower, potatoes and peas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right, Debra! Oooh, or maybe roasted... Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...