Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cider for your Celebration


     You guys know I believe in supporting local business almost to a stalkery, pretentious, extreme.  Most of my favorite local businesses are farms I visit at my farmer's market.  I also have a favorite local toy store, butcher, grocery store...  Here in the Seattle area we are fortunate that a lot of the big name national brands are local.  Hello, Amazon, Starbucks, Microsoft, and Costco?  But my very favorite businesses to support are small, family-run businesses who produce quality, artisanal, products.  I have huge respect for farmers, having killed nearly every plant I've ever planted, so any thing that comes from a farm be it an egg, an apple, or a bottle of hard cider are practically a miracle to me.




    Not all ciders are the same, though.  I have bought some that were good, but tasted more like champagne.  The Snowdrift Cider Cliffbreaks Blend, made in Wenatchee, WA, tastes like apples.  A little sweet, a whole lot wonderful.  We served this at our Halloween party along with red and white wines.  The cider was the only bottle that was completely consumed!  I heard many comments about how great was.  If you live in Washington State, I highly suggest you try out this cider.  If you don't, they sell online, too! 



     This is not a paid advertisement.  Snowdrift Cider doesn't have any idea who I am.  I just like their cider and I think you will, too.  If you decide not to buy Snowdrift, I hope you will take the opportunity to check your own grocery store for ciders made in your area!

3 comments:

  1. Cider--I can have cider!! I am definitely going to keep my eye out for this company. I wonder if they are creeping down south at all? Will check out their site. You are the booze expert, after all, so you would know an excellent cocktail when you taste it, wouldn't you? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are brand new. But their site has a list. I am soooo not a booze expert. I have had absolutely zero mixed drinks in my life. Unless you count that one mai tai last March... But I do know a good hard cider! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...