Thursday, April 3, 2014

Gathered Table

     A friend of mine has a new job.  It's a freaking exciting new job.  He's on the staff of a start-up menu planning service called Gathered Table.  It's founded by a former Starbucks heavyweight, Mary Egan (her bio has lots of interesting sounding job titles that I'm not even a little bit qualified to comprehend, but it generally sounds like she's got her sh*t together.  Unlike me.  I think I found a piece of toast in my bra today.  I have to say "I think" because I didn't eat toast today.  This is why I am not qualified for many, many things in life.  Bra toast.) 


Because I am my friend's friend and he is awesome, my husband and I were invited to the launch party.

 There was cheese.  You know how I love my cheese.


     Hello, Seattle.  Wanna tiny cupcake?  Gathered Table is also launching in Boston, LA, Chicago, San Francisco, and New York.  I guess you other cities can have a cupcake too.  But it doesn't mean I have to like it.


     Gathered Table is really just in the initial start-up phase.  I think you still have to be invited to join.  It uses your own favorite recipes (either typed in manually or snipped from the web) and the contents of your pantry to help create your meal plan for the week.  They also have on-staff nutritionists and other foodie wizard people churning out new recipes to try.  But what I can't wait for is their ultimate goal of having the food automatically delivered to your house.  They are working with CSA's and other local grocery delivery services to have your week's portion delivered to your door.  All you have to do is chop it up and boil it.  I am looking forward to when they've got it all up and running for realzies.  It's like floating car and robot maid time, finally.

(This doesn't have much to do with how the company runs, it was a little self-portrait craft just for fun, but I was proud of my little Kilroy selfie up there... Also, my husband is a rock-star.  Just sayin'.)

     So go give Gathered Table a once-over.  It's exciting to be on a ground level with so much potential.  If you haven't been able to focus on this whole post because I said, "Bra toast" in the first paragraph.  I'm sorry.  You're welcome.  Goodnight Seattle, I love you.

4 comments:

  1. Imma have to go back and reread, because I couldn't stop laughing after bra toast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed it again the second time around, Sarah!

      Delete
  2. Haha- "bra toast..." Good one.
    I came across your blog searching for info about Gathered Table as an employer. Does your friend still work there? Does he like it? It sounds like they are still expanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiffany! Glad you found me! My friend does still work there and I think he likes it pretty well! They are still growing and figuring things out but they have now started the grocery delivery service in select markets, which is great!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...