Wednesday, April 20, 2011

That's Just Not Kosher...

     Not everything in my recipe box is a recipe.  So, since I already posted a recipe this week, and in the spirit of Easter, I thought I'd post this little "craft-ipe."  It came from a Jet-Puffed Marshmallow flier in the Sunday paper.  I made a couple of mistakes, but it was just a little fun Easter-y thing to do with the boys.  I'd do it differently if I wanted these to actually hold together.
     This would be a super cute project for a classroom.  And for once, it wasn't hard convincing my two to eat up!


Marshmallow Bunny
5 Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
1 (8-inch) piece shoestring licorice, ribbon, or string
10 Jet-Puffed Miniature Marshmallows
2 tablespoons canned white frosting
Assorted candies, for decorating

Stack 2 large marshmallows, securing with some frosting, for each bunny.  Tie licorice, ribbon or string around middle of each marshmallow to separate "head" and "body" sections of bunny.
Cut remaining large marshmallow int quarters lengthwise; using frosting attach 2 quarters for "ears" to each bunny head.
Attach 4 minature marshmallows for bunny "paws" and 1 for cottontail to each bunny with remaining frosting.  Use assorted candies to make faces.  Let dry.


My substitutions/additions:
  • I made my own buttercream frosting instead of investing in an entire can of frosting.  Therein lay my mistake.  It wasn't nearly wet enough and didn't hold them together at all, besides the fact that you could see the creamy color of the butter so it showed on the 'shmallows.  If I ever do these again (and it matters they stick together) I'll use toothpicks.
  • Also, I didn't have any licorice and I didn't bother with ribbon.  I think they're plenty cute without a bow.
 Review:
Super-cute and easy little project.  I guarantee my boys will ask to do these again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...